I’ve been memed!
The Lucky 7 Meme isn’t really an award but it’s more fun than being tagged for random bits of information. Why is this better, you ask? Well…because it involves sharing seven lines of your latest work in progress, which is something I’ve been wanting to do for a while, but never really got around to. Here’s my excuse to strut my stuff and I’m so excited.
Here’s the deal: whip out the WIP, flip to page 77, count down seven lines and then cut-and-paste the next seven into a document and share those beauteous words.
You’ve been memed, baby!
I’m not sure if seven lines is actually lines or seven sentences and the original Lucky 7 Memer got sloppy and inferred the meaning. Either way, 7 is the lucky number I have to work with.
Without further ado here are my seven from Apprentice Cat:
“Some of these quatrains remind me of old prophecies I read as a kit.”
“That may work,” mused Master Jalen. He stared into space, eyes unfocused.
“The question is, how do we go about getting the information we need?” he continued. “We can’t simply ask the Brothers to search their library for vague references. I hesitate to share any of this information with even them.”
“One of us could go,” suggested the Head Master Cat.
“That may call too much attention to what we’re trying to find out.”
The beginning of my seventh line began in the middle of a sentence, so I included the whole sentence so it would make sense.
Don’t forget to check out Lesann Barry’s Lucky 7 lines. I get to thank her for this special sort of torture. I lurk, read and wait. Publish faster, people!
In the meantime I’m about to lure more unsuspecting
victims swimmers into the meme pool. I’ve tagged these writers to offer up a sampling of their wordy goodness:
The regular caveats apply. Should you choose not to participate nothing wobbly awful, amazingly stupid, or terrifyingly insipid shall happen.
But, I will be sad. *sniff sniff*
Don’t have 77 pages of a WIP ready to go? Fear not! No worries! My solution is that you offer up seven lines of whatever you’ve got. If you’ve already been memed, sorry…but you have to get these out there quick!
- 55Welcome to Spirit Wednesday where we take a look at all things spiritual from meditation to prayer to cleaning the house. Yes, even house work can be a spiritual experience... if you choose to see it that way. Just as we know certain conditions can create terrific storms, such as…
- 45Rules of The Next Big Thing Blog Hop Chain Engagement This is a blog chain that originates from She Writes. Each writer answers a series of interview questions and posts them on their blog or website while also linking to five other writers. Those writers then answer the questions, post…
- 45Thank you to everyone who donated! We reached our goal! Once again Matt Finch has outdone himself with his narration. The Master Cat audiobook is, perhaps, the best one yet and I can't wait to release it to all you wonderful readers. It's because of you, that this…
- 44I have 1 Signed Set of the Master Cat Paperback Books to offer in this awesome Signed Edition Book Giveaway (June 17-July 8). As an added bonus get a cool Malkin Series water bottle---just in time for the hot summer. Enter as many times as you like, but do it before 11:59 p.m. CST,…
- 41It's Almost Time... I can hardly believe it's almost here: the release of my newest novella in the Malkin series, Treasure of the Malkin! I am so excited to share this brand new story with you that I just couldn't wait to reveal the cover. So, without further ado, here…