“Thus says Yaweh, ‘In this you shall know that I am Yaweh.’”
We have heard and read about the miracles God has performed both in the Bible and in modern times. Most of those miracles were obvious demonstrations of God’s power. However, the power of God comes in all shapes and sizes from the miraculous healing of a terminally ill patient to the blessing of a gentle breeze on a hot summer day.
On a clear night, one can view the power of God in the stars either by the naked eye or by use of a telescope. NASA satellites have sent back amazing photos of galaxies in various formations from spirals that resemble a child’s pinwheel to irregular shapes that look like nothing else.
God’s miraculous power can even be observed in the smallest ant carrying a leaf to its colony and in the ability of a child’s cry to move the heart of an adult to soothe the child. The power of God is everywhere, visible to anyone who chooses to see it.
However, because God granted humans free will, we can decide to see God’s power or to turn away as Pharaoh did. Eventually, though, God makes it clear that it is God who is in control as he has Moses say to Pharaoh in Exodus 7:17, “Thus says Yahweh, ‘In this you shall know that I am Yahweh.’”
As you read Exodus 7:1-10:29, try to remember a time in your life in which God revealed his power. Then, download the Questions and Reflections and take some time to work through them before engaging in the Meditation Activities below.
Find a quiet place, preferably in nature, and take ten to 20 minutes to contemplate what the above image of a pinwheel galaxy means to you as it relates to the reading of Exodus 7:1-10:29, then choose as many of the following suggestions as you would like to express your thoughts and feelings outwardly.
- In your journal, write a free-flow of thoughts and descriptive images as they come to you regarding the picture of the pinwheel galaxy and its relationship to God’s power.
- Create a pinwheel and give it to a friend going through a tough time. Describe your thoughts on how the pinwheel demonstrates God’s power in our lives.
- Choose a clear night to gaze at the stars. Let God know how you feel about his power and its influence on your life.
- Decide on your own creative way to express your feelings and thoughts regarding the picture and its relationship to God being with you.
For more non-fiction work, including Bible studies, check out my Non-Fiction page.
You can also purchase your eBook copy of Fear Not! Discovering God’s Promises for Our Lives for Nook, Kindle, Kobo, and on Scribd or a paperback copy from Paperback edition also available on Amazon.com or in my Lulu.com store front at: Virginia’s Store Front.
If you haven’t already, sign up for my monthly newsletter to get sneak peeks (such as first chapters before they’re published) and special prices just for fans. Just enter your email address in the sidebar and click subscribe. Sign up today and download my thank you gift Behind the Scenes: The Malkin Stories.
- 99“It shall happen… according as he has promised….” Exodus 12:25 Believing God keeps his promises is perhaps one of the most difficult things to do. We’ve often had others break their promises and been guilty of breaking them ourselves. However, God shouldn’t be measured by human standards. Whether we believe…
- 99“Yahweh shall give you meat to eat in the evening, and in the morning bread to satisfy you.” Exodus 16 8 It is quite easy to believe God will provide for you when you have your basic needs. However, not many of us can say that we trust God to provide…
- 99“[God] said, ‘Certainly I will be with you.’” Exodus 3:12 Have you ever watched the latest news cast and wondered, “Where is God in all this?” Have you ever sat under the stars, feeling smaller than the smallest ant, and thought, “Is God out there somewhere?” Have you ever asked:…
- 92“Don’t be afraid.” Exodus 14 13 Everyone at some point in their lives experiences something that scares them, something that seems impossible to overcome. For one it may be the diagnosis of an illness. For another it may be a looming mountain of debt. For yet another it is the…
- 84“You are the Christ, the Son of the living God.” Matthew 16 16 Whether it is in the face of a delighted child or the crash of thunder during a storm, God reveals himself to us. Sometimes he catches our attention in a way we cannot ignore, like when he…